Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon
MBBS(Syd.), BMedSci(Hons 1), FRACS(Plast.)
Dr Joseph Rizk is a trusted advanced Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon based in Sydney. He has undergone significant training to become an expert in the fields of breast, face and body surgery. These are his exclusive areas of clinical practice. He also has significant expertise in non-surgical cosmetic therapies, such as injections, chemical peels and skin rejuvenation laser treatments. He has a particular interest in breast reconstruction.
Dr Rizk is an Australian-trained doctor who has also undertaken additional surgical fellowship training at the prestigious Dutch Association of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in the Netherlands. Furthermore, Dr Rizk was Postgraduate Fellow at The Children’s Hospital Westmead.
Joseph has visited UT Southwestern Plastic Surgery Department, Dallas, Texas, USA. He has refined techniques in facial rejuvenation surgery with Dr Fritz Barton. He has also refined rhinoplasty techniques with the editor of PRS journal, Dr Rod Rohrich. He has cultivated new and innovative options for breast reconstruction with Dr Sumeet Teotia. Furthermore, skin cancer facial reconstruction was further refined under the tuition of Professor Jim Thornton. The Plastic Surgeons at UT Southwestern are innovative and world leaders in Plastic Surgery. It was a very stimulating and useful period.
Dr Joseph Rizk is a Visiting Medical Officer at Westmead Public Hospital and Auburn Public Hospitals and has a clinic a the Breast Cancer Institute Westmead.
Dr Rizk’s philosophy is that in Plastic Surgery, every patient requires a uniquely tailored solution to their presenting medical issue. The aim is to improve the quality of life of the patient, and finding this in the consultation is the most crucial aspect of being a Plastic Surgeon.
- Bachelor of Medicine; Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Medical Sciences (Hons 1), University of Sydney
- Specialist training: Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, New South Wales
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
- Surgical Fellowship, Dutch Association of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Netherlands
- Member of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery